Sunday, August 7, 2011

My 10 Favorite Cars #3: Lancia Fulvia HF


Oh man, is this thing sweet.  Just look at those compact dimensions, crisp lines, and aggressive stance.  This little hotted up coupe was a serious race winner in it's day, and has become highly sought after, truly a legendary car.  I could insert all kinds of cliche hyperbole about Italian cars and brio and soul, but I'll refrain.  

What Lancia hath wrought here is a sweet little front-drive razor that looks as good as it goes.  As with nearly all Italian cars of it's day, the 1.6 HF has a high-revving twin cam engine (115 hp).  What it also has is 5 forward gears and plenty of negative suspension camber (wheel tilted in at the top for better handling), and many lightweight  aluminum and plexiglass for better everything.

Man, I would love to own this one.  I'd love to drive it all day, on a twisty, hilly road.  I'd love to sit in the garage and just look at it.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know this car existed until I read this. Now I'm watching the Top Gear episode where Clarkson drives this little guy right now! I love me some top ten lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really beautiful, isn't it? People would do the same thing(sit in the garage and just look at it) if they own a car like that. In every place, there's really something that can make people feel blessed and happy.

    --Flavia Casumpang

    ReplyDelete